Honorable dismissal  is voluntary withdrawal from the University with the consent of the University Registrar.

A student in good standing who desires to sever connection with the University shall present a written petition to this effect to the University Registrar, signed by his/her parent or guardian. If the petition is granted, the student shall be given honorable dismissal. Without such petition and favorable action, no record of honorable dismissal shall be made.

All indebtedness to the University must be settled before a statement of honorable dismissal will be issued. The statement indicates that the student withdrew in good standing as far as the character and conduct are concerned. If the student had been dropped from the rolls on account of poor scholarship, a statement to that effect may be added to the honorable dismissal.

A student who leaves the University by reason of expulsion due to disciplinary action shall not be entitled to honorable dismissal. However, s/he is allowed to obtain her/his academic transcript of record without reference to dishonorable dismissal, provided:

  • the student writes an application
  • not less than one (1) school year, beginning the school year immediately following the effectivity of the expulsion decision, has elapsed
  • the party concerned, during the period of expulsion has not been involved in any untoward incident affecting the University, or been charged in court after the fiscal's investigation, and
  • all such applications are subject to BOR action

Section 5 Rule VII of the Revised Rules and Regulations Governing Fraternities, Sororities and Other Organizations, however provides that the University Registrar shall make a permanent entry in the transcript of records of the student the fact of his/her having been expelled or suspended under the said rules. The student may not apply to have such entries deleted.